Hi there. I'm Sokkha Va,pronounced "Soak-kah" Yeah I felt like the pronunciation is needed because my father blessed me with a name that will be mispronounced for the rest of my life. The good side to that is its a conversation starter with almost everyone that I meet especially when wearing a name tag. My ethnicity is Cambodian and no I was not born in the U.S. but born in Thailand after the Khmer Rouge Regime. Something that I could never recall. I only can pass on the stories based on the stories that my grandmother told me before she passed in April of 2016, two weeks before walking across that stage to accept my Business Management Diploma that I worked so damn hard to achieve from the University of Southern Maine in Portland, my wonderful hometown.
I chase and strive for natural light because I think you deserve to be kissed by the sun making your skin look milky, creamy, and delicious. I am a Boston photographer with an obsession for dark chocolate, a Pete’s Coffee lover, and I am known for befriending strangers.
You might be my bride if you believe in planning a life together more beautiful than a wedding. You believe that a love story is real and not always perfect because that only happens in Disney movies. You think your partner is the sexiest person on planet Earth. You get giddy at the idea of sneaking out to chase the sunset with me for about 15 minutes or so for that awesome wedding portrait. You like to laugh so hard your nostrils flare and eyes water and belly hurts so good. You value experiences over things. You are ready to be friends with me.
Still reading? Ya think we might be a good fit? Get in touch with me! I’d love to give you more deets!
1. Autumn is my favorite season.
2. I concoct my own chai tea with specific herbs.
3. A purple, teal, and gold combination makes for my favorite color. Yes, its now One color.
4. Beer over liquor.Specifically, Substance Ale by Bissell Brothers based out of Portland, ME.
5. My life depends on a PAPER to-do list, the smartphone thing doesn't work for me. AT ALL.
6. I'm a Pad Thai connoisseur.
7. My daughter's name is Khaiia and she just graduated from "newborn".
8. When I was a kid, a "friend" dumped a bucket containing baby snakes, caterpillars, and other bugs over my head. Now I am petrified of caterpillars because it curled up in my long hair!
9. On a lighter note, I am a sucker for pretty notebooks and shiny stationery.
10. The beach is my sanctuary.